Britney Spears has stolen a lot from Madonna, but so far has failed to understand the need for a total reinvention every couple of years. It’s time that Britney execute a radical makeover.
My choice would be for her to become a hair metal goddess. It would emphasize her physical charms, and distract from the fact that the jailbait routine is a bit out-of-date. It would musically appeal to the aging slacker audience, with a combined nostalgia/irony vibe. To that end, here are a few choice songs she might want to cover:
- Kiss Me Deadly — Lita Ford
- Every Rose Has Its Thorn — Poison
- Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone) — Cinderella
- Don’t Go Away Mad (Just Go Away) — Motley Crue
- My Michelle — Guns ‘n’ Roses